TechSpot

Netflix will soon be available through cable providers in the US

By Justin Kahn
Apr 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. While Netflix is already available on just about every device you can think of, it looks like the company has struck a deal with cable providers to bring its content to one of the last places it is yet to...

Read more

2. Heihachi1337

Heihachi1337 TS Rookie Posts: 46   +11

And this will mark the beginning of the end, the way I see it.
    Soon Netflix will join the other television channels and have 15 minutes of commercials for your "half hour" programming.
    One of the main reasons I went with Netflix was to avoid stupid F***ing advertisements.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

You can't run from them forever. They will find you again sooner or later :)

4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Netflix will soon be available through cable providers in the US!!!

There is no word as whether or not other US cable providers will follow suit, but we do know Netflix will likely start appearing on Atlantic Broadband, Grande Communications and RCN as early April 28

5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,686   +86

Rates goes up this year at Netflix. It if goes up by $15 or $20 in 2 years I am dropping them. They're turning into CATV service or something other than that.

6. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

U can get Netflix on virgin tivo here in the uk its same as browsing on ur PC or ps3. Watching us stuff on catch ups using proxy's my god does ur content suck for adds. Adverts every 10 mins on a lot of stuff. Catch up over here has an add at the start and maybe in the middle of the program. Or u can just use add blocker plus and watch on ur PC hooked up to TV I try not to do that as I actually want to support the content creators but US TV is ****ed add blocker goes on for anything streamed off us services!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.