Netflix will soon be available through cable providers in the US

Justin Kahn

While Netflix is already available on just about every device you can think of, it looks like the company has struck a deal with cable providers to bring its content to one of the last places it is yet to appear. Atlantic Broadband, Grande Communications and RCN have all announced an official partnership with Netflix that will see its streaming app available through their TiVo DVRs starting as early as next week.

For many, it may seem like a redundant move for Netflix and cable providers, considering most people already have some kind of hardware that Netflix is on and will still have to pay for the standard Netflix subscription to make use of it. But for those that may not be as tech savvy, offering Netflix right on the box they already use with the simplicity of just flipping the channel could allow the company to eat up the last bit of sales it can garner from a demographic that may not have paid much attention to the service otherwise.

It isn't going to be easy getting those who don't have access to Netflix already to fork over the monthly subscription fee on top of a regular cable bill, but Netflix has struck similar deals in the UK with TiVo so the company likely thinks it will see some success teaming up with some of its direct competitors stateside.

There is no word as whether or not other US cable providers will follow suit, but we do know Netflix will likely start appearing on Atlantic Broadband, Grande Communications and RCN as early April 28.

Permalink to story.

And this will mark the beginning of the end, the way I see it.
Soon Netflix will join the other television channels and have 15 minutes of commercials for your "half hour" programming.
One of the main reasons I went with Netflix was to avoid stupid F***ing advertisements.

Netflix will soon be available through cable providers in the US!!!

There is no word as whether or not other US cable providers will follow suit, but we do know Netflix will likely start appearing on Atlantic Broadband, Grande Communications and RCN as early April 28

Rates goes up this year at Netflix. It if goes up by $15 or $20 in 2 years I am dropping them. They're turning into CATV service or something other than that.

U can get Netflix on virgin tivo here in the uk its same as browsing on ur PC or ps3. Watching us stuff on catch ups using proxy's my god does ur content suck for adds. Adverts every 10 mins on a lot of stuff. Catch up over here has an add at the start and maybe in the middle of the program. Or u can just use add blocker plus and watch on ur PC hooked up to TV I try not to do that as I actually want to support the content creators but US TV is ****ed add blocker goes on for anything streamed off us services!

Back