TechSpot

Netgear piece of ...

By Buddha50
Jul 29, 2008
  1. Hey there hope this is the right place for this post.
    well i am trying to get this netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter to work. i got the program installed and i installed the drivers. the application that you connect to the network with, recognizes my linksys router but wont connect to it. can anyone out there help me.:blackeye:

oh yeah i am using a dell latitude c600 yeah i know ancient. not mine!

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Firewall? Security software? Use something like the free download of Network Magic to examine your setup. Usually it is something you missed. Netgear is quality, and relatively easy compared to many others.
    Look very carefully at all the steps that Netgear lists in the setup. Be sure you understand them and you haven't missed something that seems minor but is really essential.
    It is difficult for us to help on a network installation without seeing it. There are so very many potential issues.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Sounds like it could be an encryption issue. Are you trying to login with an incorrect password?

Is there MAC address filtering?

Too many unknowns here. Please provide more information

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to Techspot :wave:

4. Buddha50

Buddha50 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 40

what info do you need. sorry i am neeeeewwww!
    Well it is my dads laptop. it is rather old

dell latitude c6oo
    p3
    498 mhz
    512 mb ram

linksys router
    2.4 ghz 4 port

5. Buddha50

as far as i can see there is no password set n this netgear program

6. Buddha50

crap i dont know what just happened now when i try to use windows to connect wirelessly that wont work now either. AAAAHHHHHHHH

7. NetCablesPlus

NetCablesPlus TS Maniac Posts: 483

This could simply be a manufacturer incompatibility issue. Netgear and Linksys might have problems working together. Would not be the first time that I have heard of such a situation. I always try to stick with the same manufacturer for wireless router and adapters to help prevent these problems.

8. Buddha50

thanks for your replies everyone. oh and by the way it was a compatibility problem. got it fixed. you guys rock

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.