Netgear piece of ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

Hey there hope this is the right place for this post.
well i am trying to get this netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter to work. i got the program installed and i installed the drivers. the application that you connect to the network with, recognizes my linksys router but wont connect to it. can anyone out there help me.:blackeye:

oh yeah i am using a dell latitude c600 yeah i know ancient. not mine!

Firewall? Security software? Use something like the free download of Network Magic to examine your setup. Usually it is something you missed. Netgear is quality, and relatively easy compared to many others.
Look very carefully at all the steps that Netgear lists in the setup. Be sure you understand them and you haven't missed something that seems minor but is really essential.
It is difficult for us to help on a network installation without seeing it. There are so very many potential issues.

Sounds like it could be an encryption issue. Are you trying to login with an incorrect password?

Is there MAC address filtering?

Too many unknowns here. Please provide more information

BTW
:wave:Welcome to Techspot :wave:

what info do you need. sorry i am neeeeewwww!
Well it is my dads laptop. it is rather old

dell latitude c6oo
p3
498 mhz
512 mb ram

linksys router
2.4 ghz 4 port

crap i dont know what just happened now when i try to use windows to connect wirelessly that wont work now either. AAAAHHHHHHHH

This could simply be a manufacturer incompatibility issue. Netgear and Linksys might have problems working together. Would not be the first time that I have heard of such a situation. I always try to stick with the same manufacturer for wireless router and adapters to help prevent these problems.

thanks for your replies everyone. oh and by the way it was a compatibility problem. got it fixed. you guys rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back