Netio.sys BSOD

Ztraider

Hello all,

I just got BSOD and it says NETIO.SYS was a cause of it. I did nothing, I normally surfed the web like usually. Then I got BlueScreenViewer and the files named:
aswSnx.SYS
fwpkclnt.sys
idmwfp.sys
NETIO.SYS
ntkrnlpa.exe

were in red. I uploaded a minidump for experts. Can you please assist me?

Attachments

• 111413-18142-01.zip
    27 KB · Views: 3
My mindump capacity to read files is down but just a quick question: What security do you have running in real time, I.e., Avast, Norton/Symantec, etc.?

Your Avast is causing the BSOD. You may want to down load a uninstaller for Avast. After uninstalling try reinstalling it. If this dose not help. Try another free Antivirus program.

Your Avast is causing the BSOD. You may want to down load a uninstaller for Avast. After uninstalling try reinstalling it. If this dose not help. Try another free Antivirus program.

Thank you so much for the reply! But if I may ask how do you know it is Avast? I got it few months ago and I had no problems with it.

Have you ever had any other security software installed on this system prior to Avast?

Netio.sys is a Windows driver that means Network Input Output and rarely is it the issue itself. It is almost always due either to a bad driver, a failing NIC card, or a need to update NIC drivers.

aswSnx.SYS - Is an Avast driver

fwpkclnt.sys - Is a firewall driver

idmwfp.sys - Is a driver for Tonec's Download Manager

When did you start getting Blue Screens? Did you update Avast recently?
I suggest going to Avast's website forums and ask around. This is usually a very stable software.

* If you have installed any software since installing Avast it may be that the new software is conflicting with drivers.

Yes I had Avira installed which was causing me BSOD, I uninstalled it and got Avast and everything was fine till now.
I got them last night and my Avast is automatically updated.

aswSnx.SyS This is the driver that shows up In your BSOD. Which is Avast. It is highlighted as the cause. As was suggested you may have a software conflict going on. When you removed Avira did you use its uninstaller. As Route 44 said Netio.sys is a network driver. Some antvirus can cause this driver to have errors.

Not sure what can conflict with it, of security software I only have normal windows firewall on and windows defender is off. Person above said that idmwfp.sys is a download manager driver which was highlighted too as the cause.

Try uninstalling Tonic Download manger and see if this stops the blue screens. It may or may not be conflicting with your anti virus.

I would also make sure that Avira is completely removed from your system. Security software is notorious for leaving remnants of drivers behind and then causing issues down the road. If Avira has a Removal Tool and you did not run it during initial uninstall I suggest going to the website if a) if they do indeed offer it, b) if they do to find the one that was designed for your former Avira version, and c) run it.

* Agree about uninstalling Tonic software and see if that is causing issues.

Back