Netopia Residential Cayman 3300 Series Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpticalOrange99

Hey.

I have a Netopia Cayman 3300 Series Router for the last two years in my home. I'm trying to get a game that was made pre-2000 to work online through it but Im getting some errors.

The game is Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun. I have posted some descriptions of the problem on support sites but I thought I could also get some help on the hardware side of things on this site.

Game Problem Description -> http://strike-team.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=99296

Anyways, how would I go about reconfiguring this router? I haven't a clue how to go about it so a detailed set of instructions would be greatly appreciated. Or is it just possible to remove the internet Cable and plug it directly into the back of my PC, (Windows 98 Gateway) thereby bypassing the modem/router thing?

Many thanks in advance. I really like this game so please help!

Nope still doesnt work. This is crap. I must have got the Static IP address tutorial done wrong. WHich TCP/IP device do I apply this stuff to? USB adapater? Dial Up Adapter or Ethernet Card? two of them or all three? Argh its so complicated! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back