network adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

duh-huh-wha?

ok so i reformmated my computer and got every thing running but i cant connect to the internet. the problem is that I have no ethernet/network drivers and no way of getting them. i try to use my installation cd but the drivers arnt on them (dont even know if there supposed to be). does anyone know where or how i can get the drivers. the wizard trys to download them but well i can connect to the internet of corse. im connected through a router thats how i can use this forum (im on a diff computer).

intel pro 1000 integrated PCI NIC card
windows xp SP2
dell 8400
p4 3.4 w/ht
1 gb ram

You either got the drivers CD with the network card or the drivers are on the motherboard CD in case the NIC is integrated.

When you installed your drivers from the Drivers and Utilities CD (possibly called resource disc or something similar) it should have had the driver for your NIC. Usually it is located under the heading of Network drivers, if there isn't one, it may be included with the drivers installed when you install the Chipset driver(which should have been the first one you installed)

If you still can't find it, go to support.dell.com and look up your system in Downloads, then get the drivers you need and put them on a CD or usb key to get them on your system.

If you need to get a Network driver from dell it's prity simple, just go to the dell website, choose what section your PC comes under ie home, small business etc, then choose downloads, You will need to enter your Service tag which you can find under the lift up flap at the front of the base unit, just select the model you have and you will be taken to the drivers list just select Network interface card and follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back