Network Associates begins war on spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Network Associates, known for their anti-virus software, have aquired the anti-spam company Deersoft, and are in the business now of encorporating Deersoft's anti-spam technology into new products for e-mail servers, internet gateways and desktop machines.

On the cards sometime this year is "McAfee SpamKiller Enterprise", a desktop application for blocking spam. Hopefully this product shall ship in Q2 this year. Following on from that will be a number of enterprise level applications for servers to block spam on gateways and mail servers and so forth. Now I know what I want for my birthday :) ;)

"With Deersoft, we have acquired extensions to the leading open source 'blacklist' application and we will add applications that detect spammers even before they appear on blacklists, supplementing that with the ability for customers to filter internal content with very tight control," Art Matin, president of McAfee for Network Associates, said in a statement, notes ZDNET.COM, here.

Bring it on, that's what I say. Now if there was only an application for putting spammers to a slow, lingering death then I would be completely happy..... ;)

Also see here for some information.

This is a good step. I fear that installing these such things on email servers will block some legit mail, and should be routed to a seperate folder, like Hotmail's "Junk Mail" or Outlook's "Bulk Mail".

On my list of pet peeves....spam is up there next to people who don't use a blinker when changing lanes. Its the small things in life that aggrevate the hell out of you and make you forget the good parts.

Deersoft's spam killer

Hi, I'm currently using E500's for my e-mail virus protection of my enterprise E-mail system and I heard that the newly acquired Deersoft spam killer will be made to run on the E500's...! Is that true, do you know..? Thank you.

Sounds good!

Hopefully this'll decrease the amount of spam flying around...

On a related case, I managed to get my email addy blocked from some spammers...
After having used the "unsubscribe" feature (which didn't work), I emailed the abuse dept., and was removed :)
(Of course, this was on one of the more reputable ISP's....)

Those so called "unsubscribe" features are nothing but a load of bullsh1t; they say you won't get anymore spam from them, but what do they do? They just take the liberty of selling your email address to other spam organizations leaving you with ten times more junk mail than before! It's about time someone is taking larger steps to put an end to this unsolicited mail crap, Network Associates has my full support along with my respect :grinthumb (for whatever it's worth) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back