Network card working but no internet

By Dellerati
Sep 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find some answers here. My PCI-e Wifi adapter is working, and I'm able to connect to a wireless access point fine. But when I open my browser and go to google, it will not load. And evetually it says "No network connection."
    However, if I plug a different adapter in, everything works perfectly fine.
    One weird thing about the first adapter is that sometimes if I refresh the router, it will connect for like five seconds. Then stop working again. The device is fine, and system tray icon for wireless has no warning or disable indication.
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,580   +76

Power cycle the modem
    unplug the router from ac and modem and wait for the router lights to flash and are ready
    Power on the router and connect it to the modem
    Go into the router and make sure under WAN (internet) it gets the DNS from the ISP there should be two of them listed. If you see 0.0.0. or 192.168.x.x then the Router is not communicating correctly with the modem.

If you see this the router would need a factory reset and re-run the setup again.
    If all looks good but it's the PC that not connecting

Open up a dos session prompt run as Admin

Under dos prompt
    type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
    nbtstat -R
    netsh int reset all
    netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset
    sc stop Dhcp
    sc start Dhcp
    sc stop Dnscache
    sc start Dnscache

reboot your PC

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.