Network Connection says im not connected... Clearly I Am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

When I bring up internet explorer I get a "Cannot find '::(2559A1F-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0)'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." message. Also the network connection icon in the taskbar doesnt show that I have a connection although obviously I do. And when I press the volume buttons and the rest of the media buttons on my keyboard the actions dont show on the screen. I really need urgent help. This happened on a restart after I had turned off Ad Watch because I have AVG Anti-Spyware running it's real-time protection service, and I disabled Superfetch after reading in a forum that it speeds up PC's with 512mb of RAM (which made drastic speed increases for me by the way). I had a similar problem like this happen after I installed AIM 6.0 a while back but found a registry fix for it. Can anyone help???

Hi,

With regards to your keyboard media buttons not working, it is likely that the software/service was either disabled from starting up or deleted. You'll need to find out what is the original program which handles the functions to start it up again.

That IE problem is quite puzzling. It could be a damaged IE or registry problem. I'm not sure if the other members have a clue to this problem; I couldn't find anything off on this online. Perhaps you could provide a screenshot?

Regards,
momok =)

The network connection problem seems to be fixed but when I press and media buttons on my keyboard they still dont show up on the screen. The program is kbd.exe or kbdstub.exe (I think its kbd.exe but both have showed up on Comodo). Kbd is running in my processes but is not working. And the last time this happened installed the HP Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard update from HP.com and it fixed it but for some reason my browser (Internet Explorer) wont let me install from the website. I think there's something wrong with ActiveX according to the message.And when I tried to download using "Save target as..." I get an error message

It could very well be your new firewall settings that are blocking it, but I can't be sure. What error message do you get?

This is the message when I try to "Install Now"... (sorry dont know how to do the screenshots yet.. dont laugh Lol)

Preparing to download and install

Please wait...

You must accept the HP Download Manager software to use HP's automatic features.

Your security settings may be preventing installation of the ActiveX control needed to use HP's download manager.

Note to Windows XP SP2 users: click on the information bar at the top of this page and select "Install ActiveX Control..." to use the HP download manager.

To decline HP's download manager, click Close

And this when I "Save target As..." it says

Internet Explorer cannot download sp35116.exe from ftp.hp.com.

The server reterned extended information

And when I try to do download only I get a blank webpage.

Hm, so did you click on the information bar at the top of the page to install the ActiveX control?

Hehe, had to check.
I would suspect its your firewall or some other real-time monitoring program settings; even if your IE settings were set to highest security, there should be an information bar that appears at the top.

I would check all the settings carefully to be sure.

Regards,
momok =)

Well I dont think its my firewall cuz when I do quotes on this website the information bar comes up but what should I do to check this with my firewall?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure because I don't use Comodo right now. Perhaps another member of our forums may have some insight into your problem. Sorry for not being much help here.

Regards,
momok =)

Another strange thing about this... I went to download.com and tried to download other software to see if It was still possible and its working normally. I even went to the thank you page after the software and tried to "Save target as..." and it worked as well. It seems to be only something from the hp page with the update on it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-54068-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3340240&os=2093&lang=en

Could somebody maybe go to this site and download it and email me the file... I really wanna get my media buttons working again and I'm pretty sure this will fix it because I've done it before.

Email to (information removed) Please help somebody...

I have sent you the file in a .rar archive. By the way I think it is unwise to leave your email address for the public eye. I wouldn't be surprised if you started getting more spam.

Regards,
momok =)

By the way I think it is unwise to leave your email address for the public eye. I wouldn't be surprised if you started getting more spam.

Thanx for the tip...

Temporarily disable your firewall to see if it is causing the problem.

I tried that but it still didnt work so I dont think it's a firewall problem.

I installed the update just fine using "Save target As..." method and my media buttons work just fine after the reboot. Thanx for the help momok. I still cant download from that page though.

View Network Connections; you may have more than one network adapter,
eg a Wired NIC and a WiFi. Disable the one you are NOT using :)

The only network connections I have is my DSL service (local area connection) and a wireless connection that is turned off. This isn't the problem.

good. just make sure the View Net Connections says disabled; it makes a difference.

Okay guys I think I figured out the culprit... After I unistalled Auslogic Boostspeed to update the program, it hit me that this could be the problem. After browsing through hp's site again I tried to do the "Install Now" option and I got the same old error window... but when click the "Download Now" option and use the "Save target as..." option on the zip file they both work perfectly fine. I dont know why I didnt think to try this before. I'm gonna leave this program off of my computer and do some registrry scans and fixes with Registry Booster to remove everything. Still can't get the darn active x to pop up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back