Network dead, no ping but internet ok?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have recently lost all use of accessing my home network which was previously in perfect working order. No settings have been changed as far as I am aware and the only software installed was Windows One Live Care [uninstalled yersterday].

I have also gone to the ping settings which shows allowance of 'incoming echo messages' and the other computers can access my shared files but I am unable to access theirs, also all fiewalls are configured correctly. The network name is also default as MSHOME.

Confused?

thats beta software from ms definitely the firewall messed you up
they should have support if your pay'n for it
good luck
I know it's late
I loaded program and ran defender beta 2 it would not allow network connection to be established could not config softwre to allow anything or disallow like it took over control
reboot same thing
uninstall and reboot fixed the connection
I did like the info on systems that it gave you

Thanks for the replies.

The firewall is off and a re-boot as also suggested is not creating any rectification. One of the other computers on the network also had the Windows Live Care installed and has access to the network [all settings are identical on all machines]

Could it be that something is blocking the ability to receive pings? any other suggestions?

Thank you.

check in the tcp/ip/ advance network tab/wins tab and tick netbios box
I'm guess'n you did the repair connection thing and that did nothing
sometime when you disable firewalls they are not realy disabled
look to the reg files maybe something is left behind
if the other machine is using this software it could be why this machine can't get in so it not from here but the other end is stopping you
if all else fails uninstall the softs there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back