Network Driver not processing! (Inspiron 600m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook running on Windows XP.

I recenty did a system reinstallation and I am trying to reinstall back all my drivers, however, when I attempt to install my network drivers, it does not seem to go through.

On almost all the other drivers, the process ran all the way through, the computers
said it was finished and asked if I wanted to restart the computer. With the network driver, however, ti does not ask me this. Instead, it just says its running and then just kind of... stops. I don't get it.

I've already been on the phone with Dell about it (I SWEAR they dont' know what the hell they're doing) and they told me that my cd in which my drivers were on was corrupted. Ok.... we then tried to download the driver from the internet (b/c I need this driver to be able to go online in the first place, I had to download it from another computer via a USB and save it to my labtop and run) and that didn't work either!

It won't process. Everytime I go to check it on the device manager, it still shows Question marks! CAn anyone help please????

nope, safe mode did not work. I got some tip to try and use the DBAN software to sweep my computer and then try and reinstall. May do that and see what happens. ... thanks!

I have had a similar problem, I purchased a PCI 56K modem but it shows up as a PCI Communications Controller; (With the yellow question mark). I attempted to locate drivers for it on the internet with some luck. I installed a old driver, restarted the computer and it was identified. Try to find the exact model for the network adapter or purchase a brand name NIC on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back