Network/Internet Connectivity Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if im in the right thread but heres the story....
I caught some virus not sure what dont think its important. Really messed up my system had a couple of people who know way more then me come look at, ended up wiping the harddrive and running a system recovery, starting all over. Anyway, i can no longer connect to the internet. Originally i went through the control panel to find network connections and there werent any. I tried to creat some but everytime it tried to connect me through a dial up. Also i had previoulsy put in a video card (i am pretty sure i had an installation disk, which i couldnt find, Visiontek x1550) so i could use a dual monitor setup. I couldnt figure it out and took it to the tech support on campus, they said i had to reinstall some drivers and they would take care of it. my understanding was that they needed to go online and copy the software onto a thumbdrive or something and put it in that way. Continuing, got it back have a network connection now but it still doesnt work, almost like it just doesnt read the fact that its plugged in. Atleast its tryin to load now but the page can never be found. If it means anything when i plug it in it has a yellow light instead of a green one. and with problem B) the new card seems to be workin, it shows other monitors in my display settings but when i check the box to extend the desktop to that screen it says that monitor is disabled. Sorry this is long and about multiple problems but if anyone thinks they know whats goin on it would be appreciated

First webgem,
what is your computer? Give as much detail as you can. If it is a desktop you should be able to open the case and identify the motherboard and the video card or network card easily. If it is a laptop we need the name and model number... What country are you in?

How about changing the title of this thread to "Network/Internet Connectivity Trouble"...

separate your issues into separate threads to clarify your efforts and our responses :)

Thanks Jobeard for the comment... It's getting so difficult to get the proper info on a problem. I wish there was a way to "introduce" new members to the correct way to post a problem and make it mandatory to read "A guide to making a good post" when a person registers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back