Network not connecting on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I've had this problem for months now, on both Vista and 7, and it's really starting to get annoying.

Everytime I restart my computer, my Internet won't connect until I reinstall the driver which should already be installed. Here's a screenshot of what my Network and Sharing Center looks like right after a reboot:

networksharing.jpg

And here's the steps I have to take to get it working again, every time:

• right click the network icon in the system tray and click "Open Network and Sharing Center"
  • Click "Local Area Connection" in the "HaLo2FrEeEk Wired" network.
  • Click Properties
  • Click Configure
  • Go into the Driver tab
  • Click Update Driver
  • Browse my computer for driver software
  • Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  • Double click "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
  • Wait for it to install

I have to do that every time I reboot my computer, and it's starting to get a little tedious. It shouldn't be happening. I only have 1 networking controller on my computer, and "NVIDIA nForce Netorking Controller" is the only driver listed. Why can't my computer just use it automatically? Why do I have to manually install it every time? What is this Unidentified Network showing up every time? I've never had any other networking hardware installed on the computer with this installation of Windows, so there can't be any conflicts.

One thng I notice is that SOMETIMES (rarely) it will work by itself, and for the first few weeks of a fresh OS install it works fine, but after a few weeks it starts to do this crap. I'm sick of it.

Please help me figure out this problem and fix it!

the public Net is likely your WiFi ; disable the adaptor and you should immediately connect w/o intervention.

Delete the unidentified network.
Does it do this in Safe Mode?
What Firewall/Security software do you have?

the public Net is likely your WiFi ; disable the adaptor and you should immediately connect w/o intervention.

I said in the first post that I only have one adapter, I don't have wireless.

I do have After Effects and Photoshop installed, so I very well could have the Bonjour Service installed. I'll look into that.

Delete the unidentified network.
Does it do this in Safe Mode?
What Firewall/Security software do you have?

I don't know how to delete it, I've tried.
I haven't tried Safe Mode.
I have AVG 9 Free installed, but I've always used it and I never had this problem on Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back