TechSpot

Network printer installation error

By m_cochran
Aug 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to install a printer over my home network, and I keep receiving an error stating that the printer set up program cannot detect the printer over the network due to the "Symantec Core LC: Firewall." I have completely unstalled the Norton Systemworks program, and I still receive the error. I have also disabled the Windows Firewall as well. Any ideas as how to fix this problem?

If it helps it is a HP Laserjet 3055 printer, and the network router is a Linksys WRT54G router. Also, the printer is connected by cat5 to the router.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

In Device Manager, choose to see hidden devices and uninstall the Norton device drivers in the non-plug-and-play section.

Or, just throw away that stupid setup program and install the printer manually :) (Add a new local printer, create a new standard TCP/IP port with the printer's IP address, proceed normally)
  3. m_cochran

m_cochran TS Rookie Topic Starter

That is what I ended up doing. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I guess sometimes you just need someone else to point out the obvious solution.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.