Network printer installation error

By m_cochran
Aug 15, 2006
  1. I am trying to install a printer over my home network, and I keep receiving an error stating that the printer set up program cannot detect the printer over the network due to the "Symantec Core LC: Firewall." I have completely unstalled the Norton Systemworks program, and I still receive the error. I have also disabled the Windows Firewall as well. Any ideas as how to fix this problem?

If it helps it is a HP Laserjet 3055 printer, and the network router is a Linksys WRT54G router. Also, the printer is connected by cat5 to the router.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

In Device Manager, choose to see hidden devices and uninstall the Norton device drivers in the non-plug-and-play section.

Or, just throw away that stupid setup program and install the printer manually :) (Add a new local printer, create a new standard TCP/IP port with the printer's IP address, proceed normally)
  3. m_cochran

m_cochran TS Rookie Topic Starter

That is what I ended up doing. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I guess sometimes you just need someone else to point out the obvious solution.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.