Network Router HElp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hello All.. Ok i got another question. I currenty switched to another fone cmpany that works off cable or broadband or w/e. But before that i had a wireless router to support another pc and a laptop for internet. But when i got VONAGE(fone company) They switched my box to a wired router with fone ports for the fones. Is there a wireless router with fone ports?!? i CAnt semm to find em. Pleas ehelp me out here.

No... you just plug the Vonage router into any wireless router using an ethernet cable.

Coax cable into Vonage modem, Ethernet out of Vonage modem into ethernet-in port on wireless router then another ethernet cable from one of the 4 ethernet ports on the back of the wireless router to the main computer (if you have one). Or just connect wirelessly through the wireless router.

OK so far I found this. The Voxflow modem would be your Vonage modem, The Linksys router could be either a wired (shown) or wireless type which would connect to your home PC through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly for a Notebook computer.

http://www.voxflow.com/images/voxbox_setup.jpg

Forget the coax (coaxial cable) part. Vonage uses Ethernet cable, Optimum Online uses Coax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back