Network Setup Wizard. Should I install it? Quick&EZ Ans Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than using the "Easy Install Wizard Disk", I used the web based "Alternate Setup Method" to install my Belkin wireless router with 3 wired and one wireless.

The setup went ok. Workgroups each have 2 folders (1 Printers & Faxes, and 2 Sched Tasks) Is there a way of draging a shared folder to the workgroup OR

My question is....Should I still run the Network Setup Wizard if I want to share docs? Seems like the Belkin Manual would mention to do this, instead of saying "Congrats....You're Networked!" ????????

All advice is appreciated. Thanks

The router is not sharing documents. All the Belkin does, is letting your computers communicate and that obviously works.

Sharing documents is something that Windows does and you have to use Windows to set that up. Since you are seeing other computers (printers and tasks), then all you have to do is share a folder on a computer to make it visible to others. Right click, sharing..

No, the Belkin wizard will not help you in this.

if i right click on a folder to try to share it, it will only give me hypertext to "Run Network Wiz" sooooooo this is what I will do. I think Belkin should mention that this is a necessary step if you want to share docs. I would think that most user would want to sharedocs if they're "networked". .....go fig. When you are a newbee at this, it is often the "obvious" stuff that trips ya up.

Thanks so much for your fast reply!!!! Now i can muck on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back