Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put a computer together for the first time. Got all the hard ware together and installed windows xp pro media 32bit. I got all the drivers from the mb disk and the video card ect. installed. But when I use the on board lan I get limited on no connection message. The bubble has no ip address. When I use windows to try to repair connection it don't work it stop responding. If I right click on the network and hit status it gives me an physical address and IP and sub net.

Computer stats
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P (MB)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5600+
4 GIG ram
NVIDIA Geforce 9400 GT Video
onboard sound and lan

If I right click on the network and hit status it gives me an physical address and IP and sub net.
So you are using a static IP and Subnet Mask ?

Have you tried configuring it for Automatic? Or do you need to have these things defined?

What I do, is use Automatic (ie remove all the numbers) then connect directly to the Modem and confirm all is working. And then decide to configure a Static IP range and Subnet

Start->Run-> NCPA.CPL

Everything showed to be working. I went last night and bought a wireless network card works great now. The guy at frys said the network on the mb could be doa. I bought a 2 yr warranty so if I have any more problems I'll take it back. I thought it was a software issue or some setting I didn't change. Thanks for the help. This is a great forum.

Onboard ethernet is usualy pretty delicate, not sure why. I usualy have a few ethernet pci's lieng around just for this issue.

right click My Computer->Manage

click Device Manager

expand [+] Network Adapters

list each name found and note which have Red or Yellow marks on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back