Networking adapters

SpikeyBoiCahir

Hello,
Ive a little bit of an issue with my internet lately. i have a little cousin thats staying over for christmas and he 'accidently' turned my pc off. when i turned it back on it went into startup repair did its bussines but then wouldnt connect to the internet. I opened device manager and under the Networking Adapters tab all the subtabs had a yello "!" sign beside them and in properties it said This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31).
i fixed my sweex wireless adpater by clicking on "update drivers" "search my computer" and " let me pick form list of device drivers on my computer" it worked for half of the "!" marks but for all the WAN miniports such as :
- Wan miniport (ip)
- Wan miniport (ipv6)
- Wan miniport (l2tp)
- Wan miniport (networking monitor)
- Wan miniport (PPPOE)
- Wan miniport (PPTP)

and microsoft torredo tunneling port it says "windows encountered a problem installin the driver software for your device". i can now go on internet but stuff like Windows live messanger wont connect :/

Please help

Thanks in advance

I suggest you go to your motherboard manufacturer's website, download the NIC/LAN drivers and reinstall them unless you already have the motherboard driver CD.

I suspect your cousin did a bit more than merely turning the PC off accidentally but that's neither here nor there. :)

Back