Networking: Media Sharing option turns off

pw2much

My media sharing option constantly keeps turning off by itself even after I have reset it to share my media on all networked (4) computers and even while watching movies from another computer on my network, I have also enabled media sharing thru Windows media player and it still cuts itself off! can anyone help with this issue??

Which version of Windows do you have? Make sure services for media share are enabled.
You might have to

press start key + r at the same time then type: services.msc

Computer Browser (started/manual)

DHCP Client (started/auto)
DNS Client (started/auto)

Function Discovery Resource Publication (started/auto)

start/auto/enable Homegroup Listener
start/auto/enable Homegroup Provider

Network Connections (started/manual)
Network List Service (started/manual)

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (started/manual)
Peer Networking Grouping (started/manual)
Peer Networking Identity Manager (started/manual)

SSDP Discovery (started/manual)

Also check on your system for software that is disabling sharing just our right like cleaners all-in-one does it because in theory suppose to reduce over head.

I have checked that all of the services that were listed were started properly and I'll get back to you for the results, also I uninstalled C Cleaner and turned off all automatic features of my System Mechanic program. Thank You for the list!

Sorry! But I just don't understand why this keeps happening! It hasn't changed anything!

To fix that issue will have to create a new profile or have Windows recreate one for you. So the settings can stick. But doing so will change the way you are working now. Best thing to do is re-install the OS and start from scratch. There is something else going on your system. Could be malware or something else.

Try running Chkdsk C: /F / R
or
Sfc /Scannow

or both

Back