TechSpot

Networking on Windows XP

By snowman
Apr 8, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok, i set up my router correctly and the two computers are connected to it correctly. i have one going to it through the ethernet cable and the other on a wireless usb adapter. i used the network set-up utility in windows to set up the home network. i clicked the setting that they both connect through a gateway. when i click on my network places i can see the other computer but i cant access its shared docs folder. i made sure the folder is shared in the folders properties menu but i still cant access it. i am at a loss of what to do. thanks in advance.

2. snowman

snowman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 312

never mind on that, i fixed it. but there is another problem. when i start sending files from one computer to the other after about 5 minutes the D Link wireless usb adapter(DWL 122) or the Linksys router (BEFW11S4) stops sending. i still get the internet but the other computer gets the network and internet shut off. it worked fine for a month but now im having some problems.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.