Networking problem on my XP (unable to connect internet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedenski

Hi, yesterday I tried to connect to a hotspot wifi and noticed that the icon on the taskbar is not visible.

So I tried going to my network connections and didn't find the LAN or Wireless Network connection that I usually configure whenever I try to connect to other network.

So I went to device manager and saw this annoying exclamation sign over my hardware. attached is a screenie. What do you say I should do?

Attachments

• screenie.PNG
    screenie.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
Those icons indicate you have a driver problem for the devices.. tho it's odd that you suddenly have a driver problem for both yur wired AND wireless suddenly :confused:

I think best next step is to uninstall / reinstall the devices.

I'd first look in Add/Remove Programs to see if any LAN or WLAN entries are found and uninstall them. Then uninstall from DevMgr.
> Intel Pro / 100 VE Net Connection and
> Intel 3945ABG Net Connection
Then try reinstalling the drivers from HP's web site should have them there for you to download

fyi... is a bit troubling wired and wireless and even your 1394 device show an error.. is possible there is a bigger problem.. but suggest you first try the uninstall/reinstall per above

normally we can ignore the 1394 device (I disabled mine in the laptop) as it is Firewire device support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back