New 19" LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchmo

I am buying a new LCD this weekend. What do you guys think of this one?

The price is good, and the specs appear to be decent too.

Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

The second one can display 16.7mil colors, while the first displays 16.2. I think that means the second one is a 8bit lcd, while the other is a 6bit. 8bit is better, but I'm not sure if you'd notice a difference.

Been looking at 19" LCDs myself. You're right, the L90D+ is an 8bit monitor, but I must say I hate its chassis.

Personally looking at the Viewsonic VP930B :D. I love its color. Given that I always shift positions and can't be bothered readjusting the monitor, this comp is good for me. I have personally looked at both the mentioned monitors and this one, and I find that you DON'T have to look straight on to get a good pic, unlike the other 2.

Of course, it comes at a premium.

But then again, check out some mods you can do to the Hyundai, I've seen one you can do, if you dare (hence solving the bad looking chassis problem). Plus, I have my own speakers, and prefer my monitor to be speaker free. You might want to consider that.

Stay clear of the 930BF. Apparently its the same panel as the 930B, just with different electronics. Goodness knows what they sacrificed to get that 4ms response time :D

And the same would go for the 940BF too I assume.

Thanks, CMH, for you in-depth analysis.

I am going for the Hyundai. Your input convinced me.

Having built-in speakers is actually a good thing for me. I live in a small apartment, and my wife works at home. So I can't really have loud "Fire in the hole" sound coming from my computer when I play Counter-Strike when she's working. In fact, she prefers not to hear grenade explosions and AK-47 blasts even when she's NOT working.

So I either go with low volume on measly built-in speakers, or when I really want to indulge myself with sounds, I bust out the wireless headphones she got me for Christmas. :)

Why is the chassis so bad? Is it simply an aesthetic issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back