New 8500 GT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

m60dude5

This is a new problem now. See my previous post of 8500 GT Boot Problems.

I have a PCI 16x EVGA 8500 GT Grpahics card and a 19" LCD Flat Panel. The problem is not with the monitor as I have tried three different brands including a CRT. So, it must be either with the card or the mobo. I start my computer, with all of the cables secured, and the monitor just says "No signal" So I reboot, and the screen magically appears. I have already installed all drivers and necessary software for the monitor and card. I am certain it is some problem between the mobo and the card. After I reboot, the card works fine. I have tried two different cards (same exact card, just a second one)
My question is, if there was a problem with the AGP (PCI x16) slot, would it work at all, even after a reboot? And, if the problem is with the card, why would both cards have the same problem? Thanks for any help you can offer.

You didn't mention which motherboard you had. Does it have 2 PCI-e 16x slots? Don't know why, but my ASUS M2N32 Sli board has two and the only way I could get my 8800 GTX card to work was to place the card in the second slot. Try that and see what happens.

It is an ECS mobo, with only one PCI-e 16x slot. Also, it has no onboard video. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back