New asus mobo, can not get video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I upgraded to an asus a7n8x-x motherboard with an AMD athlon cpu. All the other parts were carried over from my old computer. I installed the board and my Geforce Mx440 video card and do not receive any video signal (I know the card is good because it worked in a friend's computer). The system starts up, all LED's light, all fans spin continously, the cdROMS work, even the video card fan spins. I just do NOT get any video. I tried using at least 7 different video cards including one PCI card (all others were AGP) and still have had no luck. I reset the CMOS multiple times. I tried switching out the RAM in all different combinations of the three sticks I have available (including only one in the main slot). I have disconnected everything except for the video card. There are no beeps when it starts up. I tried a different powersupply, too. Basically, I have switched out, reset, and checked everything my friends and I can possibly think of with no luck. I highly doubt the board is bad because everything lights up and receives power. I am absolutely desperate for help here and will accept / try any suggestion that anyone has. Me and everyone I talk to can not think of anything else that could possibly be done. I read through dozens of threads on this site and others about troubleshooting and have tried everything I can find but to no avail. Please help me out.

You did not mention it so ,did you try the Display and Cable on a different machine to test.
Welcome to Techspot!

i didnt clearly understand but u checked ur monitor works normal?Maybe Monitor has a problem in terms.

Try to send full system to the Technical Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back