TechSpot

New-B here

By RicLee
Oct 14, 2006
  1. Hi everyone. I'm here trying to learn more about building and maintaining my computer. I've never built my own but decided it's high time I learn. Hoping I can learn here after reading all the people in the know here on these forums.

Maybe one day I will be able to contribute too.

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

It's nice to have you around here.

Regards :wave:

3. RicLee

RicLee TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi wolfram, thanks for the reply. As I stated, I will be learning which means I'll probably make everyone crazy with my stored up questions. Some may sound silly to those of you who already know it all but hey, we all have to start somewhere - sometime.

4. takaboku

takaboku TS Rookie Posts: 136

Hello fellow "new-b".

5. RicLee

Greetings takaboku, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the "new-b" catagory.

6. takaboku

takaboku TS Rookie Posts: 136

Like you, I would some day like to build my own system. I had my present system built by CyberPower over 2yrs ago and (knock on wood) I've had no problems. With doing it myself in mind, I've been doing some reseach and collecting articles on the topic. So far, the best item I've come across is PC Gamer "PC BUILDING BIBLE 2006" mag this past June. It's a "complete" full step-by-step guide on how to build your own system. Not only how to, but it gives in-depth specs and tech info on all your system parts. If you don't have a copy, you might be able to order a copy from PC GAMER. Good luck..,and I'll see you in the forums.

7. wolfram

I'm pleased to meet you. And don't worry, we all started asking weird (or maybe stupid :p) questions. I'm sure you'll learn a lot here on Techspot. It's a great place!

Regards :wave:

8. RicLee

Right now I'm wanting to just upgrade the computer I have and will be making a list of all that is installed: motherboard, processor etc.

9. wolfram

You can start a new thread on the CPU´s, Chipsets and Mobos forum. We´ll help you there ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.