New Budget Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Well most the parts are used but who cares lol, they were bought off anandtech and hardforum.

Used- MSI K8NGM-V 24$
Used- Kingston 512MB DDR400 35$ *Shoulda waited for better deal
New- ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE64 15$
Used- My old emachine 300W PSU
Used- My old Xion XON-103 Case with 80CFM Fans
Used- Mobile Athlon64 3200+ Clawhammer (1MB L2) 22$ *Worth 80+ on ebay (seller has 2 more available)
Used- My Lite-On CD Burner from e-Machine
Used- My old Maxtor 200GB IDE Hard Drive (Need to RMA the damned thing)

So this is an example of a LOW budget system bought from used parts that I got a good deal on. It has rather low power comsumption because of mobile processor, it is also cool because the mobile processor has no IHS and would be a quiet system if I didnt put 80CFM fans in my case lol. I just need to RMA my hard drive for a new seagate.

Total Build Cost is 96$ Excluding Old Parts, including shipping.

Wow, can put mobile processor in a desktop? i thought you must use laptop motherboards in order to work properly...

Good job, value for money, value for use (low-power):)

Well most m-ATX boards support them, some ATX do too. I love how the processor has no IHS and has 1MB of cache which is non-existant on AM2 CPU's.

If your PSU is more than 2 years old it is wise to replace it. PSUs will fail eventually.

I know it will eventually it is just to hold me off, I got the mobo today and CPU yesterday, just waiting on the heatsink.

the fact that it's an old PSU wouldn't concern me, what would concern me is the fact that it's an old emachines PSU :eek:

emachines PSUs are notorious for premature failure (and they have a tendancy to take out other components with it). I know you didn't pay much for that stuff, but it would still be a shame to lose some (or all) of it to a cheap emachines PSU. i would hold off until you buy a better PSU.

good luck :wave:

I know, and I didnt pay much but it is worth much more so I am not trying to smoke it lol, I am gonna be runnin integrated Gfx, and my old emachines used WAY more power

Celeron D PRESCOTT 2.8Ghz
ATI X1300 PCI
vs
Mobile A64 3200+
Integrated Geforce 6100 or 6150

What exactly was the point of this?

You already have a system that is waay better.

Are you building it for someone else?

Nice build for the price either way, but was just curious.

Well, i may use it at my other house or I may sell it for mucho profit. I am also considering selling my current rig because I dont really need all that power.

Not bad impressed with what you have built with such a low amount of dosh! I also don't see the point considering you current rig? What is the point of this, just a venture? <<< Posted at same time realised just after lol
Fair enougth good luck with it!
Regards

Pretty much, the Xbox360 has won me over lol, Gears of War and NBA 2k7. Any good games for PC? I have CSS, BF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM, and Halo PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back