New Build Bios Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm new to the forums so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong area or done anything wrong for now.

I recently built a new computer and definitely need help with the bios and stuff.
my techie level isnt great but i learn quick and know alot.

build is:

Biostar MCP6p M2+
AMD Athlon II x2 255
160gb hard drive with Windows Xp media center edition
EVGA Geforce 210 512mb DDR2
kingston DDR2 ram sticks x2 both are 1 gb
and HP dvd 1270i

to begin, *rubs tired face* the bios says when I start up warning! now in safe mode please re-setting cpu frequency in CMOS setup. also I have 1066 speed ram and the processor is duo core and is 3.1ghz 2mb cache
The CD that came with the motherboard that had drivers and utilities, wouldnt run normally, so I had to go into "explore" cd that was in my cd drive and find the files that would make this run on Windowss xp 32bit so far I have done this. But I feel as the settings in bios could be alot better, no idea what alot of it means. also the graphics card doesnt always boot up and I just switched to onboard graphics again. The card is good and the slot is good. if you need any additional info let me know

download this Biostar MCP6p M2+ manual or look at the manual that came with your motherboard

now under Performance Booster Zone do this
CPU VID Control - Default
CHIP VID Control - Default
HT Voltage Control - Default
NPT Vid control - Auto
Memory Voltage - leave as is
NPT Fid control - Auto
CPU Frequency - 200
PCIE Clock - 100mgz
K8<->NB HT Speed - Auto
K8<->NB HT Width - Auto

now under DRAM Configuration do this
Timing Mode - Auto
Memory Clock value or Limit - DDR1066, if this doesnt work then DDR 800
the rest leave as is

also what kind of power supply do you have

Conter Strike Source

I installed the game on my computer, verified my email but I am unable to start the game. It seems as if it is not registered that I have purchased and installed the game - the Steam store wants me to by the game! Any tips?

sign into steam and at the bottem you will see "add game" or something like that. here enter your key code that came with Conter Strike Source box. it should be on the back side of the manual

1. Load Steam and go to the My games tab.
2. Click the Activate a product on Steam... button located in the lower left of the games menu and follow the onscreen instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back