New Build for £500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

OK a friend of mine wants me to build him a new rig. He already has Windows Professional so you can cut that out of the equation. But his budget is £500 and he wants a TFT too. I am going to be using the following site for parts www.ebuyer.com and www.dabs.com

PS
I know alot of new stuff is coming out and its best to wait a month or too for all the releases but he aint listening!!!

Thanks alot for that.

I might consider changing the speakers but the rest of the components are more or less the same price. Is the OCZ PSu dual rail?

The reason i went for the Antec case is because I am going to take the PSU out for myself and replace it with the Dual Rail one.

Any comments on the MSI motherboard? How come AM2 is cheaper than 939?

PS.

I was considering a Pentium D platform, but it works out more expensive unless you can do more digging for me!

Avoid Pentium D. It's performance is sub-standard when compared to similar AMD offerings. AM2 is cheaper because 939 is getting rarer since AMD has already stopped some (and will stop more) models of 939 processors.
The MSI board is pretty much the same as the one I posted. As for the other components, I posted them coz they are better then the ones u chose before in terms of price. The OCZ PSU is single railed. But it has Active PFC, and higher wattage than the Antec one, plus it also comes with a 3 year warranty whereby u can get a new PSU of the same model if this one blows anytime. I myself use a 700W OCZ GameXStream and it's been rock solid ever since. I run my dual X1900s on it without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back