New build not recognising tft screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve67474

Hi Guys new here so hope u can help me. I have built lots of PCs over the years and a m8 asked me to build him a gamer, so put together Asus A8N32 mobo with sli and pci express. Athlon 3700+, 2 gig DDR400 memory and geforce 6800gs PCi express card. Built it no prob and used a crt monitor to load system up. M8 has a 17" tft at home so only built the base system for him. All fine until he got it home and connected his TFT screen. It doesn't even bring the bios screen up? no beeps or nothing. It does not bring the tft online??? used dvi and vga connections and same thing occurs. put CRT back on system and bingo up it comes??? antbody any ideas? it seems to have remembered that a crt was on it on initial build and wont let go so to speak.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS all drivers are fine and when booting up with crt everything is fine. this is a basic "cant see the TFT problem at initial bootup". Have tried different TFT and still same problem?? Cheers guys am at a loss

steve67474 said:
Hi Guys new here so hope u can help me. I have built lots of PCs over the years and a m8 asked me to build him a gamer, so put together Asus A8N32 mobo with sli and pci express. Athlon 3700+, 2 gig DDR400 memory and geforce 6800gs PCi express card. Built it no prob and used a crt monitor to load system up. M8 has a 17" tft at home so only built the base system for him. All fine until he got it home and connected his TFT screen. It doesn't even bring the bios screen up? no beeps or nothing. It does not bring the tft online??? used dvi and vga connections and same thing occurs. put CRT back on system and bingo up it comes??? antbody any ideas? it seems to have remembered that a crt was on it on initial build and wont let go so to speak.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS all drivers are fine and when booting up with crt everything is fine. this is a basic "cant see the TFT problem at initial bootup". Have tried different TFT and still same problem?? Cheers guys am at a loss

And His TFT is tested as working on another PC I take it???

I mean BIOS boot doesnt care whether it's a CRT TFT or LCD it just uses a basic output chip to give the image on the screen

If you can't get a BIOS screen then check the monitor cabling and PSU and test it on another machine ,or a laptop if you have one.

Jud

Some cabling might have come loose while transporting the new PC. Check all connections.

thanks for the replies guys, all cabling has been tested and tft works on another system. the graphics card outputs analog ok due to a CRT working on it. Strange one eh! am now wondering if anything in bios needs changing, but thought default settings would pick up a tft. Mind you this is the first PCI express system I have put together

Sounds to me like the drivers are messed up. I'd check for an update to the motherboard's chipset drivers, then re-install the video card drivers and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Fixed.

Hi Guys went round there today to have a look myself and sure enough it would bring a CRT up but not TFT. I reseated the graphics card and bingo all ok! Strange error tho. Screen now connect via dvi and vga to TFT monitor. Thanx for all your input guys gr8 to know help is close at hand.

You could have lowered the resolution to pore quality. Then resteated it to high quality.

Since it works great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back