New Build with some glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

Just finished putting my new computer together, and have some glitches I am hoping to get some help with.

Parts listed in my signature.

When I installed the chipset drivers, my DVD drive stopped working. I did a rollback and uninstalled them, and the DVD drive worked again. So next I installed the chipset drivers again, but this time left out the IDE drivers. That fixed the problem.

I am now using windows stock IDE drivers, and all seems to be fine. Anyone see any problems here?

Also, I have the Antec Sonata2 case and it comes with the Antec SmartPower2 450W Psu. The PSU fan on the back of the case does not seem to be working. There is of course another fan on the PSU inside the case and it is working, there is a healthy flow of luke warm air coming out of the PSU. I am assuming that this is normal for this PSU to keep it quiet and the fan will only turn on if it is needed? I can't find any info on the Antec site on this.

Thanks in advance!

As far as your ide drivers go I don`t think there should be a problem using the generic Windows drivers.

You Antec psu has a fan design as follows. Fan system design: One fan spins when it powers up, the second fan starts to spin when the power supply reaches certain temperatures to ensure power airflow.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Howard, I love you man. I mean that in the manliest way possible.

[grabs own nuts and spits on the ground]

Did you see that game last night? :haha:

I have another question on my computer. Not a "glitch" but just annoying.

I wanted a real quiet computer, as my last one woke up the neighbors it was so loud. My case fans and PSU fans are beautifully silent. The noisemakers on my system are the CPU fan (stock AMD) which isn't too bad, but the fan on the motherboard is insane!!!

A8N-SLI deluxe board. Anyone know if I can change that fan (without too much difficulty) for something a little quieter?

I don`t know whether you can change the mobo fan or not. Maybe your mobo manufacturers website can help you there. You could of course get a fan contoller if you wanted, this would allow you to turn the fans up or down at will.

Regards Howard :)

That Zalman heatsink will not work if you intend to install 2 VGA cards in SLI. That chipset fan is also very prone to failure & Asus is aware of the problem. In certain areas they offer either to replace it for you (with charge) or to send the new fan to you (free of charge).

As for the CPU, have you enabled cool'n'quiet & Asus Q-Fan ?

I just now installed cool n' quiet, but don't seem to have the soft for "Q-fan" on my CD. Recommended?

Just to confirm: Now that I have cool n' quiet installed, when I boot up my computer I get a "CPU fan failed" error message as the rpms are too low. I have disabled that warning in bios now, assuming that this is normal for the software.

Also, everytime I boot up now, that Ai booster program is opening up a window. Not too big of a deal really, but I don't want it too if possible. Anyone know how to disable that window from popping up? (A8V-SLI deluxe board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back