New build wont power on

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me
sad.gif

Last edited:
Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

NO but I did discover something, when I press on the 24pin atx power cable the motherboard turns on is it the cable?

NO but I did discover something, when I press on the 24pin atx power cable the motherboard turns on is it the cable?
Update- I put the motherboard outside of the case and put all the hardware and it turned on, is it because of the box?

Update- I put the motherboard outside of the case and put all the hardware and it turned on, is it because of the box?
I just found out that my case has 12 standoffs and my motherboard only has 9 holes for screws, might that be the issue?

Well it is almost certainly an issue related to standoffs. Remove all the standoffs that do not match up with holes in your motherboard.

Are you using the correct kind of screws to hold the mother board in place. What material are you using? Also since it is a up to date computer, you should buy a case that has a lid so that dust and other particles cannot interfere with the hardware.

I managed to get it to work :) Thanks everybody! Sorry for this question, I'm not sure if I can ask another question in this post but my cpu is running a bit hot on high load. I did a stress test and around 94% load my cpu runs at 75c and on idle around 8% load at 34c is that normal?

Yeah that is a bit high. Probably a good move to remove the heatsink and clean it and the processor then re-apply thermal paste.

Back