New Card. No signal. Keyboard and Mouse nonfunctional

By OscarD323
Jul 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello Thanks for reading and I know this problem has been on here one too many times but im just very curious as to asking these certain questions before progressing onto what I think I should do.

My problem is that I recently bought a 7870 HIS IceQ mainly for the cooling system it comes with.
    Now I had installed it (carefully no static shocks nothing like that) into my PC. Now when I boot it up I get no signal and my keyboard and mouse are getting NO power at all. Now the curious part..
    my pc came with a HD 7670. Thats it. No VGA output on my motherboard.Which makes me think..do I need to change something in BIOS? Does my PC only detect that 7670 because it came with it? And yes I plugged in the PCIe power connecters too.

Now to what I think I should do based on reading through the forums..
    Cmos Reset
    New PSU
    And thats basically it

Here is a detailed Spec list.
    Name: HPE Phoenix
    HD 7670 1gb DDR5
    AMD FX 8120 3.1Ghz
    4x2 Ram DDR3
    ThermalTake TR2 700w PSU
    Motherboard is a Gigabyte 2AC8 model
    BIOS is AMI Ang_717 4/13/2012
    2TB hardrive

ANY help is very much appreciated. Ive been on this problem for a while now :(.

Thanks!
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 866   +167

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Make sure everything is properly fitted and in the right place. When you replaced the GPU - Is that the only component you unplugged and removed? Try putting in the old card to see if it works. If it does, you could have a bad GPU.
  3. OscarD323

OscarD323 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes I put back in my original GPU in and worked fine. And also the bad gpu part..thats what I thought at first. I even sent it back to get a replacement. This one looks even cleaner(lol) and put it in and the same problem persists. I dont think its a bad gpu (the new one I just got). Thanks for helping me out! Do you think cmos reset will work?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.