New case but reduced framerate

I got an asus M51AD about two tears ago, and on Sunday ordered a new case. After hooking everything up and powering it on, I tried to play GTA5, but it was going very slow when it normally runs smooth. Any help?

Asus gtx750
Core i7 4790s
Stock motherboard, can't remember name
Toshiba 2tb hdd

Offhand, I would say thermal throttling - possibly loose heatsink or needs new thermal paste - or maybe the GTX 750 needs another power connection (6-pin, 8-pin?) - might be worth identifying motherboard and downloading manual to make sure all needed connections are there.

Offhand, I would say thermal throttling - possibly loose heatsink or needs new thermal paste - or maybe the GTX 750 needs another power connection (6-pin, 8-pin?) - might be worth identifying motherboard and downloading manual to make sure all needed connections are there.
I downloaded the manual of the mobo while putting it in the case and the card doesn't have a power connector

If you have checked everything (including Device Manager), then the next step is to see if the problem continues with another game. If the problem goes away, but is still there when you run GTA5 or when you run multiplayer mode, then it could be just that - the game or the multiplayer connection. If that were so, a re-install might work.

If you have checked everything (including Device Manager), then the next step is to see if the problem continues with another game. If the problem goes away, but is still there when you run GTA5 or when you run multiplayer mode, then it could be just that - the game or the multiplayer connection. If that were so, a re-install might work.
Ok, I will try to update drivers in device manager and if that doesn't work I'll try a different game

Back