TechSpot

New Chrome add-on allows you to copy, erase and translate text from any image online

By Justin Kahn
Apr 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A new Chrome browser extension called Project Naptha allows users to edit, erase, copy and translate text inside any image on the net. As you might imagine, it's not totally perfect, but appears to work quite well.

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I gotta say this is quite a useful extension.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,559   +598

Now that's pretty cool. Now I won't have to copy/crop/paste images in the future.

4. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 293   +69

Okay, so much for CAPTCHA for security. I am sure someone is going to use this add-on to enhance their bots sooner or later.

5. You can also change the text, images, background color or image with the chrome's inspect element feature.

Just right-click on any webpage and click inspect element and it gives you the HTML code of the webpage, you can edit the HTML code from there only.

6. Here's a better article heading: Chrome add-on allows for image text manipulation. It's simpler and doesn't confuse readers.