New Comer In Big Trouble

By Steve Hubbard
May 4, 2005
  1. Hi Ya People, My Name Is Steve & I Have Got Myself Into A Spot Of Bother.i Have Played With The Bios On My Pc & Am Stuck In How To Put Itright.i Was Hoping That If I Reset Everything To Default (cmos/bios-auto Detect Etc Etc) It Would Help.but No.can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction Please?

Many Many Thanks.
  2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 783

Where is your motherboard manual? you should set your jumper to clear CMOS.

<Tips for newcomer or amateur user on PC, never fool around with PC unless you are willing to take risks to damage PC or have better experiences.>
  3. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:
  4. Steve Hubbard

Steve Hubbard TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi there,
    My friend played with the jumper last nite to reset everything & made a few minor alterations to the settings i had done myself.A few strange characters came on screen @ one stage.Scandisk took an absolute age & has found many errors in the root directory / file allocation tables etc etc.All sorts of things seem to have been corrupted or damaged somewhere along the line.It is fixing them as it goes though.I have no manual,pc was second hand gift from my mother.Iam aiming to get a workable unit that i can mess with it usin xp to explore.I dont mind formatting it again if need be-all good experiance etc etc.
  5. AMD2800+

AMD2800+ TS Rookie Posts: 51

And on your second post, you learnt you didn't have to put a capital on every word. Congratulations!
  6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I think at this stage, it might help all round if you were to give a stage by stage account of everything you did to the PC to get it into this state.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.