New computer, 2 many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya all, well this is my first post so a big hi to all.

Well i recently got a new comp, i picked the parts and the store put it together and so on. Now the first prob was the 7600 they gave me, it was faulty, so they replaced it wit a 8500 for free, kinda a downgrade imo. Eventually i got a 8600. But the problem is this, when they installed the 8500, i started getting random resets and crashes. Now im running vista hp so i though, ugh stupid vista but its entire power crashes and resets, no freezing while in vista. My guess is they have connected the PSU wrong, they may have good prices but they are definately not good at ne thing else =.=.

Here are the specs below.

ASUS P5B-E Mobo
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
4G DDR2 Ram (667)
Nvidia 8600GT
Usicase 500W silent power
2 140G HDDs in RAID0

I sent it back to the store 2 days ago, when i got it back the resets were more frequent. They are such a bunch of *****s it seems its down 2 me to fix the issue.

Can anyone help me with this problem? i.e. Diagnose the problem? I have checked the connectors and no sign of fryed components, the sata HDD camble extention thingy has a loose pin, but it goes in fine. And yes while checking i was grounded and was on a anti-static mat. Im thinking there is a problem wit th PCU, so i aint re-plugging it until i know EXACTLY what i should blug into what power joint. Follow linear is the rule, but i dont wanna make a mistake. I am about to call the company again now and have a serious word 2 them, but they aint gonna be ne help.

ne help is muchly appreciated.

ty.

You are in a good position here. You have handed these problems over to a store. I know they are *****s. But they are now legally responsible to return your machine in a working condition. Even if they have to send it somewhere at their cost. Don't back off from your contract (receipt). You are giving them money?? Then let them fix it. I am sick of these so called techs doing this to good people. Good Luck.

Possiably a faulty PSU... Also it could be the motherboard PCI-E 16x port, or the 8500... It's hard to tell...

You might be having problems between the ASUS and the memory, unnamed, at 667 Mhz... Go to the ASUS site and look up the board. Many ASUS boards are very limited in which memory they will accept. ASUS will tell you which memory they will be happy to see installed.
Also, the power supply is not a quality power supply. Very few no-name power supplies will provide the consistent output you need for that board and video card... it is not a question of the 500 watts, but rather the quality of the output of the "Usicase". Otherwise, you have a relationship problem between the video graphics card and the power supply.
If your Kingston memory was "value ram" that could be the problem, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back