New Computer, am I doing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a medium-budget computer I want to build and I was looking for some approval just to be sure I wasnt making a huge mistake somewhere.

-Processor: (because its way cheap) Athlon64 3500+ 2.2g/1600/512k/s939
-Mobo: ASUS A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi K8T800
-GFX: ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256M
-Mem: Corsair 1 GB PC3200 DDR
-Audio: Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
-HD: Western Digital Raptor 74 10000rpm
-Case: Some case around 150$ (CDN)

I will probably have other parts such as wires and stuff to pay but I did not include the small cost in the amounth I calculated. I already have the dvd drive,monitor,mouse... too. The cost flows around 1.5k CDN (around 1.1, 1.0K USD)

My question is: Would this make a good gaming machine if I take Doom 3 as a benchmark, for example?

Also, I am unsure about the mobo because someone told me to use this one with another processor than this one.I also know that the HD is small but Im going for speed and reliability.

Another thing: Please bare with my noobness. I am quite software litterate but its another thing when Im talking about hardware. The last computer I bought is the one Im still using: A P3 550 and back then there were a lot less choices available. Twas a good machine...

Thanks in advance.

Dont worry about overheating:

-I will do NO overcloaking
-I will buy the biggest case I can and will probably have liquid cooling/ paste and fans to keep it cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back