New computer has no display/does not POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a new gaming computer, and when I turn it on, it does not POST.

Specs:

Case:
- Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard:
- Intel DP45SG Extreme Series P45 ATX LGA775
Power Supply:
- Corsair 650W TX Series PSU
Graphics Card:
- Sapphire Radeon Toxic HD 5850 1 GB
Processor:
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
Memory:
- OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC3-1066 DDR3 1333MHz
Monitor:
- Asus 23 inch LED monitor

Details:

When I turn on my computer, all of the fans run and the LEDs light up, but there is no POST, or at least no display (the monitor displays, "No signal"). Soon after I turn on my computer, there is a very short, high-pitched beep, then about four seconds afterward, a long (about half a second), low-pitched beep. I'd assume this was the POST beep, but it sounded odd to me (the first beep was significantly louder than the second beep, and the time between each beep was long). Additionally, when I remove one (of two) of my RAM sticks, and then turn on my computer, there are three consecutive medium-pitch, medium-duration beeps that sound different from the other ones.

Everything seems to work fine; the inside of the computer looks as if it's working correctly. I have tried using every port on my graphics card (two DVIs, one HDMI), but the results are always the same (no signal). I have the 24-pin and 4-pin power plugs plugged in correctly and the molex connectors in the graphics card.

My motherboard has no on-board video, and I cannot swap out parts to troubleshoot because I have no other compatible parts.

Hey, I looked up the Intel Bios Beep Codes, located here, nothing seems to show for 1short, pause, 1 long... So it is very confusing as to what your problem may be.

The 3 beeps seem to be a RAM issue, take out both sticks, make sure all the contacts on the modules are good (not bent, scratched) try each stick seperately in each and every slot on the board. You might be best off to do a bench test. Take the board out of the tower, hopefully you still have the static bag from the Motherboard box, place the board on a static bag and something semi soft(usually foam comes with the boards too) and test the board with Just the Video Card, RAM, Processor. If it posts, add components. if it all works together outside of the case, but it back in, see if it works.

If it doesnt seem to work when in the case but works outside, then its being shorted, you will probably need some rubber stoppers or something to stop the screws from touching the board.

If you can't seems to get it to work problem, I suggest calling Intel and doing an RMA on the board...

I'm a little confused as well but for a different reason.
I have the 24-pin and 4-pin power plugs plugged in correctly and the molex connectors in the graphics card.
The graphics card uses two 6-pin PCI-E power connectors, not molex connectors. However, the motherboard has one molex connector required for PCI-E graphics cards that use up to 75W according to the manual. Is this molex connector hooked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back