New Computer: Monitor no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just built a new computer and when I push the power switch, the computer lights up and the fans spin, but the monitor is not receiving signal. The computer also does not beep.

I have searched this problem up and tried many suggestions but still no luck. First I unplugged all of my parts and re plugged them back together. I turned the computer on with the only the video card and it was continiously beeping. Then I checked if the 4 pin PSU connector was connected to the mobo. Next I plugged a different monitor to the computer but it also had no signal. Last I used only 1 memory stick and then switched it to the other memory stick. I also tried re-seating the CPU and the videocard several times.
This is my second built computer and I did not have this problem on my other computer.

AMD 64 3800+ 939
ABIT KN8 SLI
Corsair 1GB(512x2)
Geforce 6600 PCIe-16x
MAXTOR 160GB
X-DISCOVERY Case

Easy

No video on new computer and beeping, You have memory trouble. Try reseating your memory chips. If this doesn't work try placing one memory chip in 0 socket then try the other chip in 0 socket. this will isolate your bad chip. Have memory chips tested. Your trouble is memory chips or chips sockets.

This problem might not be memory. I had a new computer like yours, all I did was reset the BIOS and it worked. Also I heard somepeople recevied there motherboards with the BIOS jumper set to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back