New computer = new problem

flygamer1

I just build my computer but a problem occured. When I power it on the fans go then after 1 sec the computer immediately shuts down. Why is this happening?

My specs.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY

CPU
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155 IVY

GPU
GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 650 TI BOOST OC 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP

PSU
CORSAIR AX850

RAM
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 DOMINATOR DHX+1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB)

HDD
WD BLACK 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB

I would check if the motherboard is shorting to the case. Did you use motherboard standoffs or are they built into the case? Are there any standoffs not lined up with the mounting holes in the motherboard? You can also try removing the motherboard from the case, set it on a non-conductive surface, connect it up and see if it will post then. For test purposes you need not connect the hard drive or any optical drives.

Disconnect all fans and any other unnecessary hardware for operation. As mailpup suggested. you may even want to take the mobo out of the case. This will help you isolate the issue that's causing this. I know from experience a crappy fan adapter or loose/missed connection can cause that particular problem.

Well, if the RAM is properly seated then try what I and others suggested in terms of checking all other connections and disconnecting unnecessary components. I would also try booting with 1 stick at a time. This will help you determine if you by any chance got a bad stick of RAM. It's unlikely that you did but it is possible.

I'm curious if it could be the PSU not being supported by the motherboard could that be it?
I am not a computer geek but in the manual it says something like only ATX support. But I dunno

Your PSU is supported by your MOBO. It's a little overkill but it should work just fine.

Okey now I got it to work BUt when I plug monitor in the the graphic card with dvi I don't get any picture on the monitor. It' just black. the led on the monitor is orange and turn blue when it's working but nothing is happening

Okey now I got it to work BUt when I plug monitor in the the graphic card with dvi I don't get any picture on the monitor. It' just black. the led on the monitor is orange and turn blue when it's working but nothing is happening
...to rule out defective dvi connector/connection, use other connectors such as hdmi cable or d-sub (15-pin vga) cable or another spare dvi cable.
...if this is a new untested monitor, you can plug it to another working computer to see if it is in working condition.

Okay so I tried connection to the DVI-I and VGA both on the graphic card and the mother board outlet. No luck. When I boot the computer according the the manual the motherboard should make beep sound. I don't get any beeps what so ever.

Ok reseat the graphics card, Make sure you are set to PCIE in the bios. Plus make sure the connecter from the PSU is attached to the graphics card.

Okey, I have done everything that is possible now. Been trying for atleast 5h.
I tryed booting computer with cpu in only, no ram,1 ram, GPU. Way to much to list. Tryed also to reset cmos. Tryed another chassi. no luck. I have come to the conclusion that it's the motherboard that is eaither broken or malfuntioning. I can't think about any other thing. I tryed also with another GPU. No luck. I still don't get any beep codes and monitor is saying NO VGA INPUT. Tryed cord in GPU and in motherboard vgd input -NOTHING.
Any other suggestion?

Sorry for bad english I'm just tierd

It sounds like you might be right. If you have a warranty on the main board , I would exchange it out.

One more question. On the picture do I need to connect a cable there? If so where can I get the cable from?

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 12
That's exactly why it isn't turning on. That's your CPU cable and one should have came with your PSU.

Yes you do need to connect the cable there. The cable should be on your PSU. Check the ends of the cables you have not used .You will find it then.

I have checked and non of my PSU cables fits in that slot. What can I DO?
I got a Corsair 850w PSU

found one :/

Okey I found a cable but no success. Still wont beep and No vga input

That's exactly why it isn't turning on. That's your CPU cable and one should have came with your PSU.

The computer is booting but I'm not getting any beep signals or video on the screen.

OKey, I got everthing to work now and the computer is up and running now. Just wanna thank everyone for the help

Back