New Computer Not Starting after Vista install!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitto

I just put together my PC, 'new pc' in my spec list. I turned it on with only the IDE harddrive and put in the win vista disc. It got to the point of completion, and restarted my computer. It got to the loading bar on the screen and about 2 'revolutions' of the bar through, it stopped, a blue screen that had an error came up for less than a second and then it shut down. At first i thought this was overheating, so I put a box fan next to the open case and turned all fans to maximum. I turned it on, same thing. Next thing I tried is loosing ram timings from 4 4 4 12 to 6 6 6 18, nothing helped. Ive gotten it to post at the blue screen. I really have no clue what is wrong and I seek you to help me, I appreciate every letter of every word you help me with. I will answer any questions pertaining to this, thank you for your time.

well it was fine during the entire download of windows, nothing went wrong, now im getting what i think the BSOD is, only reason im not sure is because im not sure if BSOD is a certain error or just as blatant as the title. any idea how to find the part? if its cpu per say?

ok well im not the best at this but a way to test is start pulling parts and replace with parts your sure work at least thats how i go about it
ok i love vista but i have to say that vista is not full proof yet so you may have a part that vista dose not like ummm can you give me a list of what you have.
and ya what your geting is the bsod

Asus M2N32 motherboard
amd 6400+ dual core black edition with a Zalman 9700 @ full speed
4g (1gx4 dual channel) SLI ready ram, tried all clock timings, same
WD IDE 250g HDD
MSI 8800 Ultra, had both in, but took one out and changed nothing
Asus DVD writer via SATA

right now there is no problem with cooling.

and a enermax galazy 1000w psu.

hmmmmm do you have a second harddrive that you can replace just to test

also umm the drive you are installing to is not a usb drive is it like i mean you dont plug your harddrive into a usb port

ok i see that you use a sata dvd drive did you get a cd with the drive and if so when you started your install did you install the 3rd party drivers that it asked for you should see it pop up at the bottem saying press f6 to load 3rd party drivers now i know that even thow it installed every thing according to what i found on google it did not like the drivers

so try that and get back to me

actually, I only have the IDE drive plugged into via IDE port on board. No CDs came with either, but I get the SAME error when I plug in the SATA drive before I can even install the windows, although its the same error. How do i diagnose this now?

I removed the VGA's and plugged one in at a time, they both are good. How do I determine if I need to RMA the cpu, ram or mobo if I cant enter safe mode? The BSOD error is 0000007E (not sure on how many 0's). It happens right when the loading bar is halfway through second rotation. Thanks for the help guys.

I updated the BIOS with the newest version and now it is hanging at a blank screen with the blinking " _ ". What should I do now? I tried loading the old bios with the mobo cd, nothing.

I tried creating boot and bios update disks on each format, still nothing. I cant get it to do anything now.

Guitto-
You say you updated the BIOS to the latest, and then got a blinking"-" on the screen; Was it in the upper left hand side?
Coincidentally, I got the same thing when trying to load XP onto an MSI MS-6330 MB that was a surplus Gateway OEM board. It turned out that the problem called for a BIOS update, since the old BIOS did not support WinXP!
If your BIOS is the latest, and you are still getting the blinking cursor, check with the MB manufacturer's tech support, and see if they plan to upgrade the BIOS to work with Vista.
Good luck!

actually it was just looking to boot from removable disc so now its working fine but it crashes with 4g and is fine with 2, any idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back