New computer randomly BSOD's

SharpChance

It pretty much only happens when I am playing games. I have attached the last 5 minidumps.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    143.5 KB · Views: 1
Forgot to include specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
GPU: Geforce GTX 980
PSU: XFX XTR 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX

I thought maybe it was overheating so I downloaded speedfan and played fallout new vegas to monitor it. The computer BSOD when the GPU was at ~41C and the CPU was at ~27C

Minidumps are pointing to a corrupted hard drive, probably from the BSOD's themselves. Do you have the latest Geforce driver?

Yes the first time it happened I downloaded GEforce experience and updated the drivers. I also went to windows update and installed every update in there, it BSOD once while trying to install one update. My main hard drive is a 120 gig SSD and the secondary one is a 1 T HDD

But it happens even if I'm playing games that arent downloaded to it. It mostly happens when I'm playing Star Ruler 2. It might be something with the ram as I can recreate the BSOD easily by making games that have an insane number of stars (it BSOD right when the game loads). I've ran the memory scan on the OS though and it says its all good.

Back