New Computer Restarts Randomly While On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if you have time to answer this or anything, but I was hoping to get an opinion on a problem I have with a new computer I built. I bought a barebones kit with a 3.2 Pentium,

1gig ddr2 memory, geforce 5700LE video card,using my old 30 gig HD for now, everything else is built in to the motherboard. I have a 19" lcd monitor which is connected DVI.

I formatted the hard drive and everything, but the computer randomly restarts itself after booting Windows XP SP2, sometimes when I’m not even doing anything on it. It blinks me the blue screen, then just restarts. The temp isn’t running high, as I have an lcd on the case telling me all the specs.

I’m not sure what to do, everything’s all new!

When I was also installing Windows the first time (reformatted after it did this), it gave me a blue screen that said there was an error and the computer would restart. At the bottom, it said something about a physical memory dump.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First what power supply are you using?

As for your computer rebooting right click my computer and select properties.

Then select the advanced tab and under startup and recovery click on settings.

Uncheck the box that says automatically restart also set the write debugging information to none.

click apply and ok then reboot your computer.

Now instead of your computer rebooting you should receive an error message(BSOD) telling you why the system has crashed.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

If you are not sure what the stop message means then post it here and someone will have a look at it for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks!

Thanks Howard, it's nice to be welcomed here.
I am running on a 450 watt power supply. The barebones kit I purchased on tigerdirect. It is the barebones 3.2 gig kit made by Vision Man with the Xblade gamer case.

I will get right on this as soon as I return home from work, and post the error messages here. Thanks again!
-Lori

Rebooting mess..

Howard, I did as you told, and went downstairs to have dinner, and it had restarted itself, and there was no error message on the screen. Is this something I need to watch until it happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back