new computer specs

By duffguy
Aug 16, 2005
  1. specs:
    ASUS VENTO 3600 Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
    SEASONIC S12-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240V UL, CE, CB, FCC
    2 Geforce 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
    2 Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200S0 200GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
    CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card
    2 gb of corsair RAm (sry it was 2 gb not one)
    samsung 52x32x52 cd drive
    DVD 16x
    we also added 2 fans one on top and another one on side totlal of 5 fans

do i need anything?
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

are you serious about getting this stuff? that's thousands of dollars worth of equipment there, buddy. and yes, it would make one hell of a machine.

i would've gone with the turbo cool 510atx power supply, two 1GB sticks of low-latency corsair ram. you'd better have damn good power surge protection on there.
  3. harrisdurrani

harrisdurrani TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

lol ....get a playstation 3 :bounce:
  4. duffguy

duffguy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 125

i already bought this stuff. it cost bout 4800. i already am goin too get a ps3.
    im asking if i need anything else so it wont do anything like overheating.
  5. numan

numan TS Rookie Posts: 68

Good gaming machine i ever seen!
    Complete System.
  6. Luck Not Skill

Luck Not Skill TS Rookie

you have nearly 5k worth of pc equipment and getting a playstation 3 aswell? man your one spoilt ****

i would love to see your face when all that stuff you have goes outa date ^^
  7. duffguy

thats my summer job money from the last 2 years. Finally i got the dream machine and i already have a prob with it. IS this overhaeating with th mobo? 116 frenheit?
  8. C_Conqueror

C_Conqueror TS Rookie Posts: 140

So you saved for two years to buy that machine and a ps3 I have trouble saving for 3 months.
  9. duffguy

thise 2 years were a complete torture to me. I got so temted somtimes to buy stuff...anyway do u guys think this thing will over heat at all? everst tsays the mobo is 120f is that too hot?
  10. zephead

these are all i have to say about possible changes, but you should really take what i said about surge protection to heart. you'd be sad if all that hard-earned money was wasted when $50 wasn't spent on a surge protector.

either way, you've got one hell of a computer. you should enjoy it for years to come.
  11. duffguy

i got a new surge protector it was 30 not 50 and i think its good enough
  12. numan

numan TS Rookie Posts: 68

What is surge protector?
  13. duffguy

its this regtangular thing that u can put like 10 plugs in to hats a surge protector
  14. duffguy

u guys can see the case HERE
    and the mobo HERE
    and the video card HERE
  15. Austin44

Austin44 TS Rookie Posts: 67

Good lord thats frackin nice. Take good care of it
  16. bigp07

bigp07 TS Rookie Posts: 20

I'm pretty sure your motherboard is not overheating, I have seen a lot of other motherboards with normal operating temperatures around 120 F. Hope that helped.
  17. zephead

those sensors can't be too trusted. did your board come with any monitoring software?
  18. TechNovice

TechNovice TS Rookie

Wow. Glad to see you worked and saved to get such powerhouse. I hope you dont get bored with gaming or all that will go to waste :(. Have fun !!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.