New Das Keyboard 4 features refined enclosure, USB 3.0 and dedicated media controls

By Shawn Knight
Mar 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Metadot, makers of the popular Das Keyboard, have introduced a new mechanical board that CEO Daniel Guermeur claims is an order of magnitude improvement over previous generations. It's called the Das Keyboard 4 and is the most significant update to...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Very nice. I may pick one of these up. I hope they come out with a Mac version (Command keys) :D.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  3. Pomf~

Pomf~ TS Rookie

Looks good, going to purchase and compare to the Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate in build and functionality for general and media use. Expecting good things out of it!
  4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Wow this is a very good looking keyboard, if I didn't already have a G19 Gaming Keyboard I would actually be interested in giving this thing a look.
  5. Jad Chaar

Lmao you own one of those gimmicky keyboards :p.
  6. DAS Teurer Keyboard. 169 bones, I don't know man.
  7. Jad Chaar

Yeah I dont know if I can justify paying such a price for a keyboard. But mechanical keyboards are just so awesome!

8. I'd rather buy a hooker.
  9. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

Don't you mean "rent"?
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

A few post ago you said you were going to pick up one, now you're changing gears in just a couple of heartbeats complaining it's too expensive. I agree mech keyboards are nice but you don't have to pay so much for one, there are literally hundred of options which offers the same things at much saner prices but then maybe it'll go nicely the Titan Z you're also mulling over. :)
  11. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Evangelist Posts: 851   +201

I recently picked up a Black widow Ultimate keyboard from Razer. I'm starting to wish I actually waited a bit for something like this.
  12. Jad Chaar

I may pick one up, but I was contemplating it since it is quite pricey. I am looking for one with command keys for the Mac. Most options with dedicated command keys are quite expensive because there is so little choice.

It is garbage for typing IMO.
  13. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Evangelist Posts: 851   +201

I wouldn't exactly call it garbage. It functions quite fine for me. It's just this keyboard as some features I'd actually like over what the Black Widow offers.