New Das Keyboard 4 features refined enclosure, USB 3.0 and dedicated media controls

Shawn Knight

Staff member

brushed usb das keyboard keyboard das keyboard 4

Metadot, makers of the popular Das Keyboard, have introduced a new mechanical board that CEO Daniel Guermeur claims is an order of magnitude improvement over previous generations. It’s called the Das Keyboard 4 and is the most significant update to the line since the original hit the market years ago.

The Das Keyboard 4 features a refined enclosure with a cutting-edge look designed to reduce vibration. Aesthetics are also improved with the use of hex screws instead of traditional Philips screws and there’s also a new anodized aluminum top panel for improved durability.

The board features an oversized volume knob and dedicated media controls, an instant sleep button that puts the connected system into sleep mode and a magnetic footbar (instead of traditional flip-out feet) that inclines the board ever so slightly. Other extras include two USB 3.0 hubs, N-key rollover for USB and a cable that measures 6.6 feet in length.

The Das Keyboard 4 is available in a number of different configurations, both with traditional QWERTY key labels (Professional) and without (Ultimate). Both versions come with either the Cherry MX Blue switches for a clicky, tactile feel or the Cherry MX Brown switches that offer a more subtle and lighter typing experience.

Pricing starts at $169 for either board with the Cherry MX Blue switches while the Brown switches command a few more bucks at $173. The board is available in the traditional, German, UK and Nordic layout and will ship at the end of April.

Permalink to story.

Very nice. I may pick one of these up. I hope they come out with a Mac version (Command keys) :D.

Last edited:
Looks good, going to purchase and compare to the Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate in build and functionality for general and media use. Expecting good things out of it!

Wow this is a very good looking keyboard, if I didn't already have a G19 Gaming Keyboard I would actually be interested in giving this thing a look.

DAS Teurer Keyboard. 169 bones, I don't know man.
Yeah I dont know if I can justify paying such a price for a keyboard. But mechanical keyboards are just so awesome!
A few post ago you said you were going to pick up one, now you're changing gears in just a couple of heartbeats complaining it's too expensive. I agree mech keyboards are nice but you don't have to pay so much for one, there are literally hundred of options which offers the same things at much saner prices but then maybe it'll go nicely the Titan Z you're also mulling over. :)

I recently picked up a Black widow Ultimate keyboard from Razer. I'm starting to wish I actually waited a bit for something like this.

A few post ago you said you were going to pick up one, now you're changing gears in just a couple of heartbeats complaining it's too expensive. I agree mech keyboards are nice but you don't have to pay so much for one, there are literally hundred of options which offers the same things at much saner prices but then maybe it'll go nicely the Titan Z you're also mulling over. :)
I may pick one up, but I was contemplating it since it is quite pricey. I am looking for one with command keys for the Mac. Most options with dedicated command keys are quite expensive because there is so little choice.

I recently picked up a Black widow Ultimate keyboard from Razer. I'm starting to wish I actually waited a bit for something like this.
It is garbage for typing IMO.

It is garbage for typing IMO.
I wouldn't exactly call it garbage. It functions quite fine for me. It's just this keyboard as some features I'd actually like over what the Black Widow offers.

Back