New Dell E1705

Status
Not open for further replies.

malicious

I have another computer over here a Dell E1705 an when i start Counter Strike Source to play it says...

the instruction at"0x1044e2c" referance memory at "0x0e3ca1a0" the memory could not be read.

and ends up freezing up what can i do about this?

THanks

Malicious

If you've tried rebooting which clears the RAM, and you experience the same issue your RAM is likely defective. Try reseating your RAM and if you still experience the same trouble, run Memtest86.

MemTest86 is a very good, and free for download, memory testing software.
It is available through a Google search.
You need the computer to run, in order to use it. So if you have two modules, remove one and test the other, then reverse the process to test the other module.
A correctly run test requires you run it for four hours or 7 passes, or more.
Luckily, your Dell Inspiron e1705 uses memory that is low cost. a 2 GB kit of matched pair will cost only $45.
Your laptop requires DDR2 PC2-4000, or DDR2 PC2-5300. All modules should be the same... you don't want one 4000 and one 5300 if you can avoid it... and a matched kit works best.
Avoid ValueRam if you are a gamer or do photo editing.
Good luck.

Can't really "reset" RAM. The RAM contains data as long as the system is powered on, and as soon as it loses power the RAM is cleared. Perhaps you are looking to reseat the RAM? If that is the case, open up the side of your case, release the RAM modules from their slots and then put them back in.

ok well ill keep that in mind the dell is for a friend of mine....but im goin to run the MemtTest86 on my computer.....im runnin 4gigs of ddr2 800mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back