New DFI Motherboard wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all,
To give you an idea of what happened this is what i posted
on another site a few days ago.

"I have this PC. One day, Big bloody storm came through ,computer wasn't running at the time, big bolt of lightning hit nearby and knocked lights out in the house but not the power points(they were still working). Went to fire up the computer and it stopped working (wouldn't fire up at all),I have absolutely no power at all, thinking that the power supply was nixed i went out and got a new Thermaltake 470 watt to replace the Thermaltake 430 watt that was supposedly buggered.

I installed the new psu and still have got nothing, nada ,nix ,jack ****.
I have now uninstalled the mobo,can't find any burns or scorching , pulled apart the computer and put it back together again and still cant find the problem.

Is it fair to say that the mobo is rooted or could there be another cause.
Any help would be appreciated."

Mobo is a DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
AMD64 932 3500

Righto,
The problem is now, i can't get the new motherboard to fire up as well, exactly the same problem.I get a LED light showing that there is standby power to the motherboard but that's it,nothing else.
So far i have replaced the PSU from 430 watt to 470
Replaced the motherboard with a new
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

I have tested the board with just the power connections hooked up to see if it would start but nothing happens.As well as other combinations but nothing happens.
This problem has really , really got me stuffed.:dead:

Has anybody out there encountered this problem or seen something like this????

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Good ole DFI :) I had the same problem with my DFI lanparty board. In my case it turned out to be the memory sticks I was using. they worked fine in my old motherboard from MSI but not in the DFI. I pulled all but one stick (corsair twinx PC3200 memory too, go figure) and I could get it to boot. It wasn't stable until I brought the dram memory voltage down a bit in the bios. I did a search on the internet and found out that it is a somewhat common problem.

You could check to see if your memory is on their compatability list and/or borrow someone else's memory and see if you can get it to stir.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back