New driver conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskjackson

Curious if anyone else has had a problem with the latest Nvidia driver (ver. 71.84) with anyone of your gaming software? I've been pleased with the new driver until I re-installed NHL 2004 and nothing but problems with that particular game. EA sports tells me that I would need to roll back to an earlier driver to correct that problem. Since I don't have any other problems with other games or software, is there a way to load a different video driver if I want to play that game, but keep the newer driver as well? I use Windows ME, so I wasn't sure if there was a way with that OS to do that, or a work around through the Nvidia command center.
By the way, if anyone has played NHL 2005 without any problems...let me know your secret. The reason I re-installed 2004 was the very, very poor performance of NHL 2005.

rusty russ said:
Getting Xp Would Probably Help
With the ability to roll back the driver and/or setting up different driver settings? I have Windows XP Pro on hand, but haven't installed yet since a tech guy at HP/Compaq told me that it might make my computer actually run slower!?! I have 512 ram, but running only a P-III 800.

I don`t think that you can have two different versions of the video drivers on your system at the same time.

I know through these forums that some of the recent Nvidia drivers are a little unstable.

I currently use the 61.77 version from last year and have found them to be very stable indeed.

Windows Xp pro may well slow your system down maybe Windows 2000 with sp4 would be a better option.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

The 61.77 driver version is the one that the tech support person I talked with on the telphone at EA Sports directed me to roll back to as the possible solution to the problem I was having with NHL 2004. I'll re-install that driver when I get the chance and then see how the other applications, that seemed to run better with the newest driver installed, then respond. If they seem to work okay, and the NHL 2004 returns to normal, I'll go with that.
Thanks for the responses

Just make sure that you completely uninstall the old drivers first before you download and install the 61.77 version.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back