New driver to support Direct 3D 9+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,i've just downloaded this new driver to support my video card and saved it on my deskdop then extracted the files but the driver has not changed on my Direct Diagnostic Tool,were am i going wrong,any help much apprieciated,cheers Dave

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What version of DirectX are you currently running?

You can go to the Windows update site, and download, and install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hey i am new to this site i jsut joined so i could ask a question to the ppl that may know.MY dilema is that i just bought ''the movies'' game and it only funtions on a 100% DirectX 9.0c card and I have my system has this:

My System Specifications
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 2200MHz
Display Card VIA/S3G KM400
Memory 512MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 109.25GB
Display Card Memory 64MB
Display Driver Version 6.14.10.194
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive CD/DVD
Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio

I got these from window's game advisor what I dont understand is that it say i have directX version 9.0c but it says that i need a DX9 compatible card...what does this mean?I havent opened the box of my game yet becaus ethen i am nto allowed to return it.But if I have to buy a card or chip which one woul dbe the cheepest and easiest to get?

Supported Graphics Cards for ''The Movies'':
ATI(TM) Radeon(R) series (7000 or better).
7000, 7200, 7500
9000, 9200, 9250, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800
x300, x600, x700, x800, x850

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) series (GeForce 3 or better).
GeForce 3, 3 Ti
GeForce 4, MX, Ti
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, PCX 5300, 5750, 5950
GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800

I dont have a clue of what to make of this!!!?Please help me!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I got these from window's game advisor what I dont understand is that it say i have directX version 9.0c but it says that i need a DX9 compatible card...what does this mean?

It means that you need to upgrade your graphics card. This is because your current graphics card isn`t DirectX9.0c compatible.

Any of the supported cards would work, but obviously the better the card the the greater the chance of being able to play the latest games.

I cannot advise you which card to get, as I don`t play games, but I`m sure other members will be able to give you some good ideas.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Your video "card" is built into the motherboard and is not a separate item. Consequently, it is possible your motherboard does not have an AGP graphics card slot. If not, your upgrade choices will be limited to a PCI graphics card.

We will need to know your motherboard make and model or your PC maker and model number to see if it can be determined what kind of upgrades you can make.

Hi Howard thanks for the reply,its the latest version of Direct x9,but how do I change the driver for it to work once I have dowloaded the latest driver,cheers Dave

DavidClr3 said:
Hi Howard thanks for the reply,its the latest version of Direct x9,but how do I change the driver for it to work once I have dowloaded the latest driver,cheers Dave

Once you`ve downloaded the latest driver, you just need to install it. If it`s in a zip file you will need to extract it to whatever location you want. Now open the folder/files, and double click on the setup icon. This will start the driver installation.

Regards Howard :)

@ DavidClr3
Seeing you're kind of new to the 'updating-the-driver-thing', my recommendation is that you go and download the driver you need from the site of the company that made the GPU - if it's nVidia go to www.nvidia.com , if it's ATi, go to www.ati.com .

By downloading from the official sites you get the driver package in an .exe file, that you just need to run - no need to extract them, and the setup will guide you step by step.
Stay away from zipped or modded videocard drivers until you get the hang of this - your best bet should always be the official drivers.

@ thefilmmaker

You have an intergrated S3 card - it's not supported by the game.
You will have to buy a new videocard, and it will have to be an AGP one (well, you could get a PCI card, but stay away from those things!)

If you need advice picking one out, just provide the price range/money you are willing to spend on it, and I'm sure we'll help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back