New full installation of windows xp on new built computer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddles

Help me please

I just baught a new Windows xp full installation disc today to install on my newly built computer. When everything loads up on that blue screen and is done, after it restarts itself the computer loads up to the point where a black screen comes up and says "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information". What is that suppose to mean, what is going on? Does anyone know? I really really need some help on this one. :confused:

I guess I am in the wrong place since no one wants to help me and just bypass or ignor my thread :suspiciou

Cuddles

Cuddles dont worry no one is replying to me, or at least replying to me with useful info either. BUt i may have a solution. Go to best buy and ask for a cleaner for ur Cd drive. The should give u a disk with a little brush on it. Keep it in for a bout a minute if its the first clean. Then try it again. It worked for me. If this message is a bit to confusing iwth the way i word things just e-mail me at Clownbeard@yahoo.com

Cuddles said:
I guess I am in the wrong place since no one wants to help me and just bypass or ignor my thread :suspiciou
No one is replying because we have as much info about your system as we have on life after death. Not much. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back