Thanks for any recommendations.

2. Joedoug22

Joedoug22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

This is what I would recommend:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K $320
    Motherboard: ASUS Z97-Pro $190
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 $115 - if you don't want a closed loop water cooler, just tell me and I can recommend an air cooler.
    RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro $160
    GPU: ASUS GTX 780 $520 - the reason I picked this GPU over some offerings from EVGA is because ASUS makes great GPUs, but more importantly, it comes with a free backplate and cooler.
    SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB $410
    HDD: WD Black 1TB $80
    PSU: Corsair HX750 $130
    Case: Corsair 450D $120 - this is personal preference, but this is one of the newest case offerings from Corsair.

Total: $1900 excluding tax. A copy of Windows 8.1 will set you back $88. If you need peripherals (monitor, keyboard and mouse), then we will need to cut back on some components. Some prices may vary at different stores/websites. I would search around for the lowest prices. Look at places like Amazon vs Newegg. Any other sites aren't recommended since you may need to RMA components.

St1ckM4n likes this.
  4. Joedoug22

Joedoug22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

I was looking the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H. Is there any major difference or issue with it?

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

Not much of a difference but ASUS boards are a personal favorite of mine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.